ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 / HACCP specifies requirements regarding the application of food safety management systems in all food chains from producers of food to carriers, retailers and catering establishments.
The standard integrates the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and application steps developed by Codex Alimentarius Commission and closely refers to ISO 9001.
Over the last few years the international food industry has been directly affected by an increase in legislation and regulations which are heavily focused on food safety and hygiene. HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) techniques are widely being implemented in the food industry on a global scale.
The Food Standards Agency also recommends HACCP as the most effective way for food businesses to cover and maintain consumer protection.
HACCP principles were developed by Codex Alimentarius of the World Health Organisation. They advise that food safety systems that work more effectively are established and implemented through the application of a systematic approach to hazard and risk analysis.
A HACCP system helps an organisation to identify hazards and put in place control limits at critical points during relevant internal production processes.
Is it relevant to your Company?
Yes, if your Company wants the benefit of;
- Customer and Consumer confidenceÂ â€“ Being able to demonstrate an effective HACCP system dependant on varying local and national requirements.
- Internal capabilityÂ â€“ All employees are assured that they are meeting all demands of relevant legislation.
- Risk managementÂ â€“ Covering all aspects of food production from handling raw materials to the point of consumption.
- Benefits to tradeÂ â€“ Companies meeting customer and legal requirements via HACCP whether in the domestic or for the export market are deemed to generate more confidence than others.
HACCPÂ is relevant to all sectors of the food industry, including primary producers, manufacturers, processors and food service operators.Â We work with a variety of organisations to provide assessment services in food chain sectors, including:
- Poultry farmers
- Food processing facilities
- Food manufacturers